Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring is in the Air...and in the Greenhouse.





Although there is still feet of snow on the ground, I think spring is finally making its way back to us. There have been three consecutive days of sun and over freezing weather. Every animal on the farm feels the change. The chickens are frantically taking baths and searching for bugs in the sides of the hill untouched by snow, the ducks are flying around the property and filtering the water of every slushy puddle they can find. Even Jessica and Hambone, our resident pigs, seem to have worse manners than usual. Because our greenhouse did not get erected this fall, the picture windows in front of our balcony have seedlings spread out before them. Every time I check them I am am reminded that I have more in common with plants than I previously thought...after a period of dormancy we are drawn toward the sun and it changes our position (or disposition) almost immediately. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment